Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Find Your Tribe, Love Them Hard: T.C. Edition

Part 1

Happy International Woman's Day 2017!


With my styling business in full swing, it's important for me to squeeze in moments to get away from the city and keep in touch with the people closest to me!  I'm always trying to fit in trips with my tribes in order to fully focus on the friendships that have shaped my life, so I've decided to share my experiences with you in case you want to visit any of the cool places on my itinerary!


*don't mind the blur, we were using a tripod and hooking it to trees for most of these shots!*

Traverse City, Michigan


I found my tribe 16+ years ago in good ol' Waverly High School!  Some of these friendships started all the way back in elementary school and we've been lucky enough to keep in touch and plan much needed girls trips throughout the years! These women are some of the most beautiful, inspiring, hard working, kind, and HILARIOUS people I know, and I honestly don't know what I would do without them!



We just wrapped up another amazing trip in Traverse City, Michigan.  The very best times together are sitting around in our pajamas talking about our families, remembering the crazy things we did in high school, and playing silly games, but we were also able to squeeze in tons of great TC stops along the way!  



If you're looking for a beautiful city to visit, full of great restaurants, breweries, and shopping, add T.C., Michigan to your list!  Summers there are stunning, but if you want a more relaxing trip, winter is beautiful too!  Just be sure to pack a few winter coats (I got a REALLY good deal on coats, SO...I brought five!)
In the halls of WHS!


My faves from the trip!

Brooke Haven Inn:  

The most adorable girls trip rental ever!  

I mean for real, click the link above to see where we stayed! Slumber Party central!


Our Own Brewery Tour:



Brewery Ferment:  The perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle to have great conversation!  Bonus, it was located directly next door to our rental!  

Rare Bird Brewpub: Awesome place for a light lunch as well! DO get the fried avocado tacos, steer clear of the Moscow Mule.  Probably should have been a no-brainer for me to stick with beer at a brewery, oops!

The Workshop Brewing Company:  LOVE this casual vibe with fun games to play and delicious cider options!

The Parlor:  My favorite dimly lit cocktail bar with live music AND bags!  What!?!?

Northern Natural Cider House:  As a cider drinker over beers, I was SO excited to find this amazing spot!  Get a cider flight...or two!  If you happen to be there on a Sunday you might be lucky enough to hear their Children's Open Mic! Cutest thing ever, not to mention the crazy talent!

Restaurants:


7 Monks:  Amazing comfort food with the perfect large table in back to make your crew feel super V.I.P!

Blue Tractor:  Amazing dinner salads (but do yourself a favor and get a side of homemade mac-n-cheese too!) We were rolling with a pretty large group so rather than wait we put some tables together in the bar and got to sit right away!

Poppycocks:  I was literally drooling over everything on this menu!  Adorable little cafe vibe with an amazing menu!

Fire Fly:  If you're looking for a great brunch spot where you won't have to wait for hours this is it!  They also have pitchers of mimosas!  👍

Shopping:  


Front Street:  So many great boutiques with a wide range of price points!  Great selection of locally owned women's clothing stores on this adorable little street!  Not to mention tons of fun restaurants and shops to get TC souvenirs!

Coffee:  

Blk/Mrkt:  Obsessed with this gem!  Grab a coffee, visit the other shops in the building, and don't miss the succulent shop connected through the back!

I would love to hear where your favorite places to visit are! We need recommendations for our Girls Trip 2018!

Stay tuned for the next installment of "Find Your Tribe, Love Them Hard" Park City, Utah edition!





No comments:

Post a Comment