Tuesday, November 29, 2011

LOVING CAPES!

FIERCE!

My favorite trend this season is quickly becoming the forever stylish cape!  Completely and utterly fabulous inducing!  I swear as soon as I put one on, I transform into someone everyone wants to be... or at least it makes me stand that much taller and walk that much cooler, even if it is all in my own head!  :)

The point is, a cape can take any dreary outfit up a notch in trend and sophistication!  Score!



Vintage Burberry reversible cape!  <3
For a timeless piece that will work with anything, I highly recommend a great camel cape!  Camel is all the rage and the best part about it is it's neutrality!   You can rock a camel cape with just about any color under the sun!  Gorg!

For any vintage enthusiasts out there, keep your eyes open because I have some wonderful cape finds from the 60's that I seem to gravitate towards in my closet more than any others!

A few tips for cape shopping/wearing :
*  Belt it!  anywhere from thin to wide belts look great over capes to ad a little shape and up the sex appeal!  Play around with the belt!  They look great OVER the front and UNDER the back of a loose cape look!
*  Look for reversible capes!  Two fabulous looks in one, what a great concept!
*Play with proportions and keep your bottom fitted with a great pair of riding boots for the perfect look!
Built in belt cape from Jarlo Tippi

Reversible Missoni!!
Throw on your favorite cape and make your own Style In The City this winter!
XOXO,
Shopping Girl,
Lora
www.shoppinggirlxoxo.com
@shoppinggirlxo




No comments:

Post a Comment