Friday, September 7, 2012

FASHION NIGHT OUT IN CHICAGO!!!

Many of you know that I spend most of my shopping time hopping from boutique to boutique in this awesome city filled with such character!  I adore supporting small businesses and finding one of a kind pieces for my clients!  That's why Fashion Night Out in Downtown Chicago is a perfect excuse for me to dive into the large department stores of Michigan Avenue, stock up on my cosmetics, and scope out the styles for the coming year in mass proportions!

Last night was a great evening filled with lots of excitement, crazy style, great fashion shows, and plenty of bubbly!  If you were unable to venture downtown, or got caught up in one store and just couldn't bare to leave (it happens!!! :)  Here are my highlights of the evening!  :

*  CLOTHES/STYLE/SALES!!!!!  So many huge sales on NEW clothes in large department stores, the amount of merchandise on sale was ALMOST overwhelming, but the excitement trumped that!  :)   My conclusions from the sales, 1.) I'm obsessed with Jessica Simpson dresses!  So adorable and practical! 2.) Lace should be everyone's new best friend this fall, and 3.)  color blockin is still a'rockin!  Loving it in clutches and over the shoulder satchels!




*  THE STYLE OFF at North Bridge was super fun!  Different groups partnered with a specific store to present live models in their Fall Fashion, then guests got to vote for their favorite!  I loved The LOFTS models, because it was the one set that I feel like stood out as unique as opposed to something that would always be in the store windows.  But they were all fab!   P.S. how do I get signed up as a stylist for next year!?!?





*  TWEET TIME!  I missed the timing of visiting Real Housewives of New York Aviva Drescher at the Macy's on State Street....but I DID get a direct tweet from her (possibly the highlight of my week!) saying we should shop together next time she's in town, so I can show her my favorite boutiques!  Um, DONE!  :)



CLUSTERNESS:  As much as I enjoyed the 900 block and Water Tower, I am super glad I started my evening out further south and was able to enjoy some actual fashion and shopping before I hit the clusterness of the north end of Michigan Ave!  But, it was a great party!  Mojitos and cotton candy always equal a good time!

Overall a fab night of fashion, can't wait until next year!
Hope you all went out and created your own Style In The City on the night in Chicago where you can wear that crazy outfit you never have a place to wear!

XOXO,
Shopping Girl,
Lora


No comments:

Post a Comment