Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Music Fest Must Haves!

 I always feel summer time has officially begun when I load up my picnic basket, prepare my fruit filled sangria, and roll up my blankets to head to Ravinia.  This Saturday was no different; perfect/steamy weather, my girlfriends in tow and Jennifer Hudson performing!!!  This year I was helping to host a Cheeky event, so not only did we get to enjoy the usual greatness of Ravinia, but it came complete with goodie bags and balloons!  :)  It was a perfect night...we were even able to catch a glimpse of some stars after the sun went down!  
GORG!


J Hud looked fierce as usual.  She was sporting the bright color blocked trend with a hot pink mini and bright yellow satin top.  Her legs went on for days and the colors looked gorg on her skin tone!  She is the complete package!  <3

Now to the important stuff!  :)  What should you rock when dancing the night away barefoot in the grass, or strolling the hundreds of other great music festival streets of Chicago this summer?
My four favorite Music Fest Must Haves :  Feathers, Lace, Wedges, & Maxis ~

@ Ravinia 2011!
*Feathers are everywhere and I'm dying over it!  You can find them in any size, color, and form!  Earrings, necklaces, hair accessories add that perfect touch of style with out being over the top.  My personal favorite feather accessory is a great pair of long light pink feather earrings with gold embellishments that I snagged at Strange Cargo in Lakeview.  They are so light weight for summer nights, and make any outfit festival ready!
 

Adorable!


*I fell in love with an off white lace dress an attendee from the event I was hosting was modeling fiercely  all  night!  The best part about this dress is how easy it is to change up the look with a different belt, shoes, under layer, or blazer!  So sexy/casual.

*Wedges = the perfect answer for how to add a few inches and still be able to dance the night away without dying!  This summer they come in every color/pattern/style imaginable!  The answer to my prayers!



Alice and Olivia Maxi belted

                                                    
Maxi skirt with belted T
     












*Maxi dresses and skirts!  They just exude summer comfort! I love a cotton maxi with a great belt,or change it up with a light weight cropped T belted over the dress!

Pick one or mix and match them all, either way get out there and enjoy the music with your own style in the city!

XOXO,
Shopping Girl,
Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment