Thursday, January 5, 2012

NEW YEAR, NEW YOU, NEW ORGANIZATION!

I hope everyone had as amazing of a holiday as I did!  I basically took the month off from blogging... and anything else that didn't have to do with family, friends, and celebration of life!  It was a great, hectic, eventful, fun-filled month...and now it is time to reorganize my life!

If you are anything like me, you obsess over what you are going to wear to all of your special events coming up.  I plan that perfect outfit in my head, but always seem to wait until the last minute to freak out while throwing clothes all over my room in hopes of finding that one thing I'm looking for to complete the ensemble.  Still praying that it will look as perfect as I imagined in my obsession-based mind leading up to the event.  This is how I USED to be I should say!



Valentines Day?


The savior to my crazed wardrobe meltdowns is my beautiful dress form!  My awesome boyfriend got me her; a sparkly, silver, room enhancing dress form, and she really has saved me many sleepless nights and fumbling mornings leading up to events...or just every day life!  Shopping Girl (we fittingly named her) is the perfect way for me to try an outfit on, accessories and all...step back, and see if it really is as spectacular of an outfit as I had imagined in my mind once on a body! 



My little weekly wardrobe corner!

If you're looking for something a little more budget friendly, my second step to wardrobe planning is to take my important outfits for the week and hang them on their individual hangers.  I then hang them on a DIY beautiful wardrobe display shelf in the corner of my bedroom.  This is where I hang my important outfits for the week.  Through out the week I can glance at them, making sure it is exactly what I want to be wearing, as well as having  a constant reminder that I am all set for the event once the time sneaks up on me to get ready!  SO relaxing!


Chicago closets can be small, clothing can be hung tightly and folded in hiding places making it hard to find that item you KNOW will be perfect!  Setting a few minuets aside at the beginning of the week to organize your wardrobe plan for the week can really relieve last minute stress and sleep deprivation leading up to parties/events/girls nights out/work or any other event your crazy life might have in store for you!

It's a new year, make it a little less stressful and a bit more organized with these simple steps to create your own style in the city!

XOXO,
Shopping Girl,
Lora LaPratt

No comments:

Post a Comment