Friday, February 3, 2017

How I Style My Wardrobe by Staying True to Myself!



We had the honor of being interviewed by the designer of Geek Chic Clothing! Follow along with their blog to learn about the beautiful and talented designer, Lysandra Weber!  Her pieces are fun and effortless which is why I was so psyched to get them in the Shopping Girl XOXO showroom!  

AS SEEN ON GEEKCHICCLOTHING.COM/BLOG/


Personal Stylist, Lora LaPratt shares how she merges fashion & comfort to craft her personal style.

"I’m starting a series of interviews with some of my fashion favs! These women (and maybe men too), will share with you their fashion insights, tips and inspiration. Today, I’m talking with Lora LaPratt of Shopping Girl XOXO, personal stylist…and old friend from high school! Her clients know Lora as a fun and exceptionally talented stylist, who helps them create outfits that fit their personality and lifestyle. Keep reading to learn more… "


Describe your favorite outfit?  
My favorite outfit is ALWAYS changing, which is why I absolutely love fashion!  My day-to-day style changes along with my energy, how I'm feeling, and where I'll be going.  I would say that my "go-to" look tends to be a great pair of skinny jeans with a fabulous over-sized top, a great funky pair of shoes and a statement necklace to pull it all together!  This is what I feel the most "myself" in, the most confident, the most comfortable, and the most fashionable

Tell me about your biggest struggle getting dressed in the morning?  
My biggest struggle is finding an outfit that will take me from walking my dog, to client consultations, to the gym, to driving around Chicago for pulls, and everything in between!  Owning my own personal styling business comes with a very hectic and constantly changing schedule.  Especially as a stylist, it is important to always look very pulled together, but that doesn't always mean you have to be dressed to the 9s!  Luckily  athleisure wear is having a major moment right now!  ðŸ˜‰

What’s the most comfortable yet stylish piece in your closet?  
I am a major proponent of comfort!  Over the years I've realized that it's pointless to buy anything that isn't comfortable, so luckily I feel like I have an entire wardrobe of comfortable and stylish pieces!  I tell my clients all the time that comfort is one of the most important outfit makers, which looks different for everyone.  For me, that typically means over-sized pieces for my tops!  I just purchased an amazing dress from a local Chicago boutique which I am obsessed with!  It's a navy midi length slip dress that has a fabulous chunky navy knit sweater with statement sleeves to wear on top!  It's a very monochromatic, understatedly sexy look that I can not wait to wear!

If there were one rule about fashion that you do or would follow, what would it be and why?  
THERE ARE NO RULES IN FASHION!  :)  However, there are "tips" that can really help you to show off your own body shape in the right ways!  I think looking good in your wardrobe has more to do with fit, shape, and tailoring.  As long as you're confident in what you're rocking that will be obvious to those around you!  

What is the one thing in your closet that you could NOT live without? Why?  
My grandmother's vintage gold belt.  I wear it with EVERYTHING!  It adds the perfect amount of glam to any look.  It has stretch so it can easily be worn with jeans at your hips, over a dress at your natural waist, or even over a chunky layer to give a little definition!  Plus, the fact that it belonged to my lovely grandmother makes it super special and nobody has anything like it.

Style icon:  Rachel Zoe, Lupita Nyong'o, Lauren Conrad (very different styles, all depends on my mood!)

Fashion Motto:  Be fashionable, Be confident, Be YOU!

"As you can see, Lora’s “comfortable chic” style perfectly suits her lifestyle and is a lesson for us all to be true to styles that work for our own lives and tastes! Stop by her website (www.shoppinggirlxoxo.com) to see all of her services, and visit her Instagram for daily style inspiration (@shoppinggirlxoxo).
Be sure to share your favorite outfit in the comments below, I’d love to see your personal style too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment